Linux: uTorrent 1.6 via WINE 0.9.9

Ares

I am trying to run uTorrent on Linux and although it runs, I can't get uTorrent to transmit any data whatsoever. DHT won't log in, trackers appear offline, and it can't check for new versions. I have a feeling I'm doing something stupid, but I can't figure it out for the life of me (I'm rather new to Linux). I've searched high and low on the forum. I apologize if I managed to overlook something. Does Ubuntu come with some sort of firewall I don't know about? Other Internet-enabled win32 apps work fine via WINE (namely UltraVNC, and Firefox Portable).

Screenshot:

screenshotfs7.th.png

I followed the guide here but that didn't help. Another problem I was having was high CPU usage (100%) but setting the net.low_cpu to "true" fixed that. I've tried turning it back to see if that somehow affected my communication issue but it didn't seem to help. I have the ports forwarded correctly. I've tried other torrents, and have tried the torrents in the native bittorrent client and that works fine.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? Thanks for the help in advance.

-Ares

Yeah I'm beginning to realize that. Sorry, I've only been using it for about two weeks now. =\

I'm in the middle of updating. I'll know whether it worked shortly.

EDIT: It works. Sorry for being such a n00b, guys. And thanks again for your help and insight. =)

-Ares

Archived