Random reboots?

lfcrules

Lately I've been experiencing random reboots when downloading with uTorrent 1.6.0, and I've no clue why this is. When I tried using other clients like BitComet and Azureus, or when uTorrent is *not* running, the problem doesn't seem to occur. After the reboots the uTorrent .dat files almost always get corrupted.

Before anyone tells me it's a hardware problem (eg bad RAM), I'm pretty sure it ain't since I've checked and everything's okay hardware wise. Besides, if it was a hardware issue my other apps probably would've crashed too. There's been no drastic changes to my XP system as I don't use auto-update and haven't changed my firewall either (I'm using Kaspersky and it's been working flawlessly for months)

This is a shame coz I really like uTorrent... it's ideal for my system since it's fast and uses very little RAM. Unfortunately now I'm forced to switch to another client, unless someone can help me out with this annoying problem... :(

Thanx for the advise Switeck, but although the symptom does indicate a trojan attack I'm pretty sure my system's clean. I'm always careful about these things, and trust me I know when something's amiss. As I mentioned in my earlier post the problem seems to be specific to uTorrent, but I'm gonna try out the beta version later and see how it goes...

Archived