Zone Alarm

PrivateSniper

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

finaly sorted it... i un installed zonealarm and utorrent(upgraded version) then downloaded a new version of za, and utorrent 1.7.5 they bothe are working perfectly together now no true vector crashing at all, thanks for the suggestions, btw i have turned all of the options on that i turned off and still no problems.

looks like it may well have been zone alarm, i got a reply back off them askin me if the .log file had updated recently. i replyed no and they told me that could be a symtom of a corrupted instalation and recomended i reinstall it.

sorry for giving u guys a hard time about this i was just frustrated with the thing crashing after upgrading to 1.7.5. part of the reason i was convinced it was utorrent was the amount of times i updated in 2 weeks, jumping from 1.6.1 to 1.7.5 i thaught that u guys were repairing errors in the updates that were issued...

anyways thanx for the replys and continue the work on the easyest client around...

• 1 year later...

I used to be a happy user of both uTorrent and Zone Alarm for more than a year until yesterday, when I upgraded to uTorrent 1.8.3

Since then TrueVector keeps crashing.

My previous version was 1.8.1

ZoneAlarm version:8.0.298.000

TrueVector version:8.0.298.000

Driver version:8.0.298.000

The later uTorrent versions tend to be more aggressive...you were just on the ragged edge of disaster in the past (or get a recent ZA update) and that pushed your box over the edge.

Try the Troubleshooting link in my signature, it might reduce the crashes almost to nothing.

Earlier versions (before v1.8) didn't even have uTP connection support...or Teredo/IPv6 support.

DHT and PEX may have been tweaked slightly. The half open connection limit is far more likely to be reached and STAY at that limit with v1.8.3 than v1.6. All of these things make the unstable+buggy program Zone Alarm MORE likely to crash.

You could disable uTP and Teredo/IPv6 connections, reduce bt.connect_speed (attempting 20 new outgoing connections per second is a bit much!), reduce net.max_halfopen from 8 to 4, and reduce global and per-torrent connection max. Also disable UPnP, NAT-PMP, DHT, Local Peer Discovery, AND Resolve IPs (right-click in peers window).

After doing all that, Zone Alarm should crash a little less often...

Archived