Wireless desktop port forwarding

redskins100

I bought another computer, and installed Belkin Wireless Desktop card so i can get internet from another computer in my house. So i get internet and everything, and utorrent worked well up to about 2 days ago. I know how to port forward and everything, but for some weird reason my wireless desktop just cant be forwarded.

I just wanted to make sure... The pc that gets wireless internet, shouldn't be port forwarded?

The pc that hooked up by cables and has the modem and has the wireless router should be port forwarded for the wireless desktop pc?

Thanks in advance.

On portforward.com, they only have tutorials for portforwarding routers, not wireless desktop cards.

So, i went to my computer with the router-(giving my house wireless), and typed in my ip to take me to the homepage of the router company. After that i add a new port with the correct settings and ip, and i click "apply." Then i get a message saying something like "port range conflict."

This is just very confusing to me. is there just like a guide or tutorial?

Only the router should do the port forwarding.

As for the error, it sounds like your router is getting two instructions to forward the same port. You can only have one port forwarded to one computer at a time. Either remove the previous port forward instruction, or use different ports for your wifi and ethernet linked connections.

I tried it and it doesn't work. Its so darn frustrating.

Say my wired computer's ip is 123.999.1.888

And then say my wireless computer is 123.999.1.777.

And say the port on my wireless computer is that i want to portforward is 99999

Using the ip numbers above here's a pic:

This is on my wired computer:

http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/3873/utorproblemav8.jpg

Well for one those IP addresses on the LAN side need to be private addresses, so I'm assuming if your LAN gateway address is 192.168.0.1 you'll be using something between 192.168.0.2 and 192.168.0.255. I'm assuming you changed them to those so no one would know what they are, but would be easier if used the actual numbers.

The settings you entered on the page http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Dlink/DI-524/Utorrent.htm should work properly if you are using a different static IP address for each of your computers, and each uses a differnet port. Also each rule for each port will use a different name (Utor1, Utor2, etc.) Remember that they will both use your bandwidth, so it would be best to only use one computer for torrents at a time.

Also remember that if your router has DHCP enabled, you will need to set your static IP address outside the DCHP range. Default is typically set to use between 192.168.0.100 and 192.168.0.199 on the router.

You said above that you are using port 99,999. That is not a valid port number, the highest possible port is 65,535. Mabey try a high port like 50,000 or 40,000. I also have the same exact brand/model of router. As noted above, the ip you have entered is not a private ip address. Try to set your wireless desktop to 192.168.0.xxx.

Let me get this straight so i can furthr help you. You wireless desktop connects to your router wirelessly. Your Wired destop also connects to your router. You can access the interet from your wired one. Can you access the internet via internet explorer on your wireless one??

Since you have 2 seperate computers and you are using the wireless one for uTorrent, just completely ignore the wired desktop. In the router, set it to forward your port to your wireless desktop's ip. In the private ip of your router you should not have the ip of your wired desktop, but insead the wireless one. This way all incomming ports go to your wireless desktop.

If your modem is a separate device from the wireless router you are using, your modem may be set up as a firewall, blocking the ports. In this case, you need to log into your modem as you did with your router. In the modem, forward your port to the router's IP address. In the router forward the port to your wireless desktop's ip address. Kinda double-port forwarding.

Archived