µTorrent 1.1.2 Feedback Thread

Thanks for the quick releases (I hope it's not having any adverse effects on your life =P)!

Anyway, I tested the new version with some anime torrents with more than a thousands of peers each, and it takes a long while for µTorrent to connect to peers and seeds. The download speeds seem to suffer as well, hovering very low (around 10KB/s-20KB/s, and maxing out at about 60KB/s (where I was able to get around 200KB/s+ on BitComet).

One question I have about the "Pre-allocate disk space" option... is µTorrent supposed to pre-allocate disk space ONLY if it is checked? I ask because I have it unchecked, and µTorrent preallocates all of the disk space when I start downloading.

Nice work for all the fixes

But I agree : there are still the same problems with connecting peers & thus global dowload speed. I really don't understand why this wonderful client has so much difficulties to retrieve peer ips and obtain connections even with the less busy tracker and fully connectable peers...

Tons of fixes. All users are encouraged to update to this version. It features a new file i/o system, so please share your experiences in transfer speeds.

I don't understand why people are reporting such slow speeds.

I am getting much faster seeds on old torrents with few peers and tons better on ones with more.

None of these are private trackers.

In fact, I had to throttle a download earlier because it was maxing out at around 189kbs with only 3 seeders and 10 peers (with only 2 seeds connected and 5 peers).

I'm on an average broadband-cable connection. I have 5 internet apps running at once (not including 3 security apps - firewall, PeerGuardian, and connection protection). I am getting amazing speeds without hindering any other app.

Connects also instantly to tracker and peers only take a second or 2.

Example:

A current very-public (and old) torrent I am downloading right now is 1.4GB. 2 total seeds, and 8 total peers. I have a connection with 1 seed and 3 peers.

BitComet gives me an average download of 0.8kbs on this torrent.

μ-Torrent is giving me an average speed of 8.9kbs!

Also, uses almost no memory. Kudos, μ-Torrent team. ;)

I tested it on a few piratebay torrents worked well. Sucks this client is getting some slack from the sites but what can you expect i was not going to turn this in to my full time client for atleast another month let you guys get the ball rolling on development and show you are here to stay :)

Over all speed is great i dont have issues. The biggest thing is dealing with the language used for status update and the lack of a manual update button but maybe having it in the right click is better so not tha tmany dip shits will abuse it.

Share ratio on torrents always shows inf, and the torrents still seem a bit slower than Azureus overall (utorrent seems to max out at around 150KB/s on pretty much every popular torrent Azureus tops 400KB/s on the same connection on the same type of torrents).

µTorrent was banned on the tracker I use. It was still messing up stats, even with the new version (although a lot less than before). So there are still some issues. The admins are going to test every new release until it is deemed 'safe' to use. Its a pity that these issues exist because I do agree that this client is a great piece of software. Here's hoping the issues will be cleared up soon and this great client will become even greater Smile

Good work guys.

Neither the old nor the new version uses all my available upload bandwith. I have an upload limit of 35, but utorrent very rearly goes above 30. Usualy its arround 20. I have 10 upload slots per torrent.

I cant run 2 torrents at the same time (it was the same with the old version). When I try opening a second torrent I get an error that it cannot listen on the port that I have set.

I don't understand why people are reporting such slow speeds.

I am getting much faster seeds on old torrents with few peers and tons better on ones with more.

None of these are private trackers.

I agree with this.I'am behind Linksys wireless adsl router and I use this client about 3 days,the best download speed so far.No memory eat,no connections eat,no addware!

I will certainly stay with this client! :lol:

Also tested the new version today and the speeds are better then the earlier releases.

I am getting on non private trackers speeds off 170 KB/psec and on private trackers easly speeds off up off 500+ .

Also it seems that it connect to the trackers faster then the previous builds.

Keep up the good work ;)

ysco.

One question I have about the "Pre-allocate disk space" option... is µTorrent supposed to pre-allocate disk space ONLY if it is checked? I ask because I have it unchecked, and µTorrent preallocates all of the disk space when I start downloading.
Not to be impatient or anything, but I was wondering if someone could answer this =]

Hi All!

I downloaded µTorrent just a minute ago and I think it is excellent. The UPnP is working great. The speed is excellent, the memory and the cpu usage are just great. Just Excellent. I am keeping this one after trying and using many other well known clients.

Keep up the good work.

Yea, been using the new version, and once it connects to peers (which takes a little longer than BitTorando), it really does max out my download speed.

Today was the first day of my life where I was getting a download of 250kb/s. Hell, most of my LAN transfers don't even go like that :P

Archived