Any way to fix timed out tracker?

Sugarcookie

I have done at least 7 searches, none of which have posed any way to fix this. the only tracker that is listed is:

http://tracker.gotwoot.net:6968/announce

It says that the tracker is "timed out(offline)" but there are no spaces before it, and i have tried adjusting the seeding ratio and the bandwidth settings, and resetting it altogether,But nothing works. this is my first day using utorrent, so if there is a solution, then please tell me. Should I just use a new tracker, and if so, which one? Totally clueless on this one. :)

Also... What is hte deal with the "Tracker refused Client"? I get that alot.

That would mean the tracker has banned uTorrent. They must have banned it back when the ratio problem exsisted.

It says that the tracker is "timed out(offline)"

That means the tracker itself is down. You WONT be able to connect to it with ANY client.

Also... What is hte deal with the "Tracker refused Client"? I get that alot.

That would mean the tracker has banned uTorrent. They must have banned it back when the ratio problem exsisted.

It says that the tracker is "timed out(offline)"

That means the tracker itself is down. You WONT be able to connect to it with ANY client.

Got to disagree with the second one in one respect,you'll get this message if the tracker is really busy and can't connect/accept your stats straight away,µtorrent normally keeps trying until it does get you reconnected ,normally just leave it and it will .Been getting that message a lot just lately from a few trackers but generally they all reconnect asap.

Got better evidence than that for ya.Came home from work some 40 mins ago ,to see the offline timed out message ,its still showing that now ,now I know there's something up /busy with that tracker at the moment , µtorrent has never come out of ofline mode but it's still updating my stats accurately ,whether it gets connected properly or not ,can hardly get onto the site to see whats happening at times ,but still µtorrent is updating correctly ,even though it can't get "online" for the normal 30 min updates ,down at the bottom it still reports network as O.K and is working fine.

Archived