Help with configuring.

Tazzman

Hello, like most people on this forum, I too have problems with speed. My connection is a 10megabit download / 1megabit upload. This means i can download at roughly 1.1MB/s and upload at 110KB/s from what speed tests have told me. I rarely get the download up over 100KB/s when the upload is usually always maxed at my setting of 90KB/s. My router is a Linksys BEFSR41v4, I have Zonealarm, etc and all of the port forwarding is done properly. Im running off of Windows XPMC and my hardware should be more than enough. My current settings are the xx/1Mbit settings that uTorrent has. Any suggestions on how to increase the download?

Thanks

Kyle

If you need anything else, let me know.

So I should make Global connections 200, maximum number of connected peers per torrent 200 and number of upload slots per torrent 200?

I dont think I've ever connected to more than 200 people at once, weather they be seeds or peers. Would this still make a difference?

No, it's not that it makes it easier to max the download speed out. It makes it less likely for you to overload your connection, thereby making it much more difficult to choke your connection, which makes your connection, overall, better.

Archived