How to copy RSS settings to a new computer

andyd

• 1 month later...

I use WinXP and Utorrent 1.6.1 and I can't find the settings-dir or the rss.dat file. I even tried a file search for utorrent and rss.dat - no luck.

C:\Program Files\Utorrent only contains...:

- uninstall.exe

- utorrent-1.6.1-beta-build-483.exe

- utorrent.old

I might be missing something obvious - but where do I find rss.dat?

• 4 years later...

I recognize that this is WAY out of date but a quick search didn't turn up anything newer.

I've done this in the past (v 1.6.1) and it worked just fine but I have since upgraded to version 1.8.2 Build 14458 and this isn't working as it did in the past. In fact, I used to do the same with the settings.dat file and was mildly displeased that the resume.dat didn't work.

Now nothing works. It would be a horror to try to rebuild my RSS feed, is there an updated method for porting ones old RSS / settings / ?resume? files over to a new install?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Hey Firon, thanks for the advice.

Regarding versions, I'm using 1.8.2 mostly because it seems that it is one of the only clients I can use across all the sties I use.

As for copying the entire folder, I've tried that but what happens is when I do this is, uTorrent will overwrite on install / startup, I tried both.

I can live will having to reload all my torrents but if I could somehow get the RSS setup I would be good.

Thanks,

x

edit to add: Barring a solution, is there some way I can get the "rss.dat" file converted to plain text so I can use it to manually create a new feed?

Thanks again,

x

Final Edit to Add: It seems my old "rss.dat" file was corrupted which was the reason a simple copy paste didn't work. Said corruption was almost certainly a result of my hdd being totally f-ed, not anything to do with uTorrent.

Thanks again for all the help,

x

Archived