Checked 0.3%??

omghelpme

Hi, I'm new to Utorrent and I gotta say... Its the fastest torrent program I've ever used!

Okay, but when my Utorrent crashed, and I restarted, the files didnt download. When I clicked "download" it says Checked 0.0% and it took me about 30 minutes for it to go to Checked 50%. So is there any way that I can get the program to not "check" so I can download right away?? Cuz I dont really want to wait 1 hour to start downloading. Thank you for your help. Oh and the file I am downloading is about 3.5 gigabytes.

Also, I have no anti-virus programs or firewalls, but the Utorrent still takes up 100% CPU power. Anyone know how to make it faster?

Thank you.

The duration of the checking is directly related to the size of the download and the processing power your computer has. Only a better computer (with the focus on CPU) will improve the checking speed.

The best way to prevent this checking is to find out why µtorrent is crashing and/or don't force µtorrent to close ungracefully whenever posible.

Ok thank you for your help. So I have a 1.39ghz Athlon Xp 1600+ processor (32-bit) so is that probably why my checking speed is so slow? So if I upgrade my cpu, will my check speed finish right away or somethin? Cause for my 3.5 gb file, it took 2 hours to check. How about you guys? How long did it take to check a file that big? But if waitings what I have to do, I'm still gonna stick with utorrent, amazing download speeds!

P.S: My internet service provider sets my max download speed and 165kb/s, and I know with utorrent that I can go to 700kb/s. So is there any way I can disable the provider maxing my download speed?

Thanks, and sorry for asking so many questions (I've read the faq)

It always takes fairly long (at least several minutes) to check a 3,5 GB file. A 1,39 Ghz would take a long time and 2 hours does sound like a reasonable amount of time (so it probably isn't something wrong with your computer).

However buying a new PC because your rechecking takes too long isn't what I would suggest. µtorrent only has to recheck the files when it wasn't closed properly. So in general it doesn't have to recheck a file at all. I haven't had to recheck a file in months and I download (and upload again) over 100GB a month (3,5 GB a day).

Find the reason why µtorrent isn't closing properly is the best thing you could do.

And, no you cannot circumvent the by your ISP imposed limits on your speeds.

Archived