Damaged or corrupt?

User 97

Each time I download a torrent and try to open it, it wont seem to work. I get a pop up from the system saying, it's either of the two, no matter what I download it, be it a movie, software, ect.

I'm wondering why i'm getting this, it ran smoothly before now it's just like acting sortt of weird, beware i'm not that computer literate so take a minute to responed if you're going to.

Thanks.

Its not a µtorrent problem. Recheck it with µtorrent (r-click on the torrent and press Re-check) . If it is 100% ok then whatever you downloaded is exactly what the maker of the .torrent file wanted you to receive and thats ends the job for µtorrent. (Its like the postal service. It delivers the package and if you ordered a fluffy bunny but got a plastic chicken only the shop you ordered it from can help you.)

So please ask where ever you got the torrent from because we can't help you.

And at the top of every page of this forum it has been clearly stated that:

This forum is NOT for help with anything you've downloaded!

If some spyware, addware, virus or anything is changing it after you have downloaded it a recheck will show it as less the 100% and µtorrent will discard the changed bit and download it again. So don't forget try that.

The reason we have that rule is that this community is busy enough as it is handling problems related to µtorrent. After all we are a group of µtorrent users that voluntarily help out other users with their problems so I hope you forgive us not handling every download and/or system problem that pops up on your PC.

Archived