is utorrent involved with clickbank?

element72

I recently registered with a site that claims to have millions of movies to download. I signed up for a membership and paid via paypal. A one time payment and it charged to clickbank. On the email I read it gave me a link to a different site that was called members-site.net The site gives you a link to start downloading movies tv shows etc.. The link though is a software called utorrent and they claim its their software with a winning award. Seems like a scam to me. I'm just trying to get my money back now. Obviously this has to be a scam since downloading using utorrent is already free.

This is indeed a scam but these companies usually cover ass fairly well. Did you read the agreement and related documents? Cos most probably they say fairly clearly that they are only providing what they are actually providing (usually 'links', 'forum', 'community', 'Q&A' and sometimes 'helpdesk' are the key 'services' you are paying for). A lot of people don't read the fine print carefully and they thrive on that.

Actually I based my complaint on a technicality. There was information saying that I would not be charged until I confirmed the bill, but I clicked review to see how much I would be charged. Despite that I clicked review I was still charged and there was a button title "confirm" under the billing information. I never clicked confirm and I checked if it took money out of my paypal account and they did. So I informed clickbank themselves which they are the ones that support sites like that, but arn't aware of the scam sites. Clickbank refunded my money. Even though I also asked the author/support of that scam site to refund my money he/she still emailed me informing me of the benefits I get.. lol that person just sounds so pathetic. That site also took credit for other programs that obviously were not made by them... I was just wondering can people make money filing lawsuits against sites like this.

• 2 weeks later...

OMG if I would read this post any earlier I could have been saving my 34$ for a scam membership.

one hour ago I did the same mistake and payed for a one year membership to members-site.net and then I realized that all the content there are free stuff that I could find by myself.

None of the content there are exclusive nor of a characteristic of a premium site.

I've been scammed. Is there a way to get my money back? and how can I avoid such things.

thx for any reply that can help.

Archived