Error message not listed in FAQ

Nootzy

I am getting the error message: Unable to load ".........[file I'm trying to download]......................torrent": The system cannot find the file specified! and I cannot find this problem in the FAQ.

Can anyone help, please? I did not have this problem with uTorrent 1.2.1 - only since I upgraded to 1.6.1.

I do have a router and I'm hardwired, running XP SP2 on a 2.67 GHz P4 with 512 MG RAM.

Many thanks.

Nootzy

Hi Dread... No, I didn't change any torrent directories. Strangely, I did have an unfinished download that did pick up for a while after I upgraded to 1.6.1, but it's still not completed (no seeds again). And even more strangely, I was able to load a torrent when I first opened uTorrent after upgrading and the download did complete. But I have not been able to load a new torrent since - every time I try to download, that's when I get that message. I tried mapping the torrent port in my router but that didn't make any difference. The only thing I've changed on my pc since I was last successful with uTorrent (other than upgrading uTorrent) is that I was finally able to map the WinMX ports in my router correctly.

Archived