Why does my partly downloaded torrents keep on "CHECKING"

kehkehbia

Hi, I keep on downloading and when i get to a certain percentage ,

(it differs all the time ) the torrents stop downloading and start checking really slowly!

It is so annoying because im doing a massive file of 10 gigs , and im at 51% which took forever, and it has stopped and is taking hours and hours to "CHECK ".....the trouble is it happens all the time, even if i switch pc off and come back to it...

I cant understand, why it keeps CHECKING, because when you put your torrents on you expect to download right from the start, and not have a heart attack or die of shear boredom waiting for the torrents to finish checking.

I would be pleased if anyone could help or explain why this dreadful thing is happening.

Thankyou all.

Checking is only done if the resume data is corrupt which in 99% of the cases is caused by not closing µtorrent properly (Kill process, End Task, Shut off power, etc).

Checking cannot be circumvented and is the only way to make things right after something went wrong. The checking is not the problem but the makeshift solution to get the torrents working again. Find the real problem or give us more info so that we may be able to determine it.

• 2 months later...

How do you "not close µtorrent properly"? Click the X. "Are you sure you want to exit µtorrent?". Click "yes". Done. How do you screw THAT up to the point of µtorrent needing to recheck partially downloaded torrents upon reopening the program? Which is a really lengthy process. I mean, users have to exit µtorrent once in a while to get other internet related work done because it completely eliminates the possibility of downloading anything else at the same time it is running. But coming back in to a recheck of all the downloads ONE AT A TIME is a big pain, no? Can't this be avoided? It wasn't a problem for me in the past.

In the rechecks, does it EVER determine a supposedly finished file is now only 99% done?

I bet something on your system is reopening your files and resaving them.

µTorrent sees a date and time change on the file, even if the filesize is the same...and does an automatic recheck.

Archived