Connection dropout after few mins with D-Link DI-624 wi-fi router.

yuvallahav

Hello guys.

I have been using the stated above router, and it seems I have a problem.

when I turn on my uturrent program, after a few mins (ranging from 1 to 30) the router simply stop sending a signal, resulting in connection lost. Also I have noticed that even thou the router re sends the signal after a few mins, but my comp will not reconnect alone, and I need to reconnect to the wi-fi network manually.

First I though it was my ISP blocking my connection when the recordings I am using uturrent, but, alas, my modem seems to work just fine, and I am using the encoding, random port and what not.

Can something be done about this?

btw, while downloading, the speed is good, and I do get some downloads done every once in a while, in pieces, of course.

Thanks.

Yuval Lahav.

- EVERYTHING you've tried so far:

reinstalling uturrent, windows, updating router firmware, changing plan with ISP.

- Color of the network status light in µTorrent's status bar:

Green.

- What the port checker from the Speed Guide writes:

"Welcome to the µTorrent Port Checker.

A test will be performed on your computer to check if the specified port is opened.

Checking port 58777 on 87.11.211.128...

OK! Port 58777 is open and accepting connections.

You will be able to receive incoming BitTorrent connections."

- What the Speed Guide shows your settings to be:

upload limit:0

upload slots:4

connections (per torrent):50

connections (global):200

max active torrents:10

max active downloads:10

current port:58777

enable encription:checked

- Operating system installed:

XP sp2

- Security software installed:

AVG free antivirus

- Exact router model(s), and exact modem model:

D-Link DI-624

- ISP (Internet Service Provider) being used:

Telecom Alice (Italy)

- Connection type (DSL, cable, dial-up), and the results obtained from the speed test (when running the Speed Guide), for both download AND upload:

Download speed - 461 Kb/s

Upload speed - 267 Kb/s

Latency - 288ms

Hope this information helps:)

Thanks again.

Yuval.

"upload limit:0"

You told it to run infinite upload speed and it takes a few minutes to kill the connection/router? :lol:

Run Speed Guide (CTRL+G) and choose the xx/256k setting. That's very close to your measured upload bandwidth of 267 Kb/s.

You'll probably need to disable UPnP and DHT in µTorrent too.

Even after all that, you may need to reduce half open connection max in µTorrent to 2-4.

In short, wireless connections aren't good for file-sharing.

And D-Link routers are even worse.

Actually, setting it to 0 (unlimited) is lying to the other downloaders...since you don't actually have what you're offering. But µTorrent will foolishly try to do that, thoroughly overloading your connection in the process! (...and that may even make your ISP made at you, since doing that vaguely resembles an outgoing Denial-of-Service flood attack.)

ho no.... I would want the Italian leading ISP mad at me!! they will bomb my house with spagetti and pizza if I get them mad!! since they are so poor at doing anything techincal, I fear not their wrath... they can get mad at me all they want, it took them 4 months to get me connected since their guy screwd up my line when setting up the ADSL, it will probbly take them longer to get me off...:)

Yuval.

Archived