Firefox vs uTorrent

Jack Black

When I run uTorrent my Firefox browsing gets a bit screwed up. I usally try to open 10 or so sites in Firefox. If uTorrent not running, they all open perfectly. If uTorrent is running, Firefox opens ony 1 or 2 sites and the reat are all shown as "untitled"

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Thanks for your reply.

Yes...They simply don't open. The page is blank and the status line says done. Sometimes out of frustration I'll hit a bookmark 10 times........anything from 0-7 will then open the site. When uTorrent is not running everything opens correctly everytime.

I will methodically try all the options offered in the page you suggested. I noticed that someone had a problem with dual core Athlon and resoved it with a driver. I have Athlon 64 (not dual core) with Nvidia and I have found a driver on the following page:

http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_871_9706,00.html

""" AMD Athlon™ 64/FX Processor Driver for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 Version (x86 and x64 exe) 1.3.2.16 """

I don't know if I am 64/FX or not. Should I try this ??

thanks again

Thanks for your reply.

I have read the recommended post but I'm afraid all the acronyms are well beyond me. I have used Firefox and uTorrent happily together for over a year but it appears now that one of them has got to go. I don't see a browser I like better than Firefox so I guess uTorrent is the going to be the sacrificial lamb. Can you recommed the next best Bittorrent client? By the way, can 2 or 3 different clients be run simultaneously to any overall speed advanatge?

Thanks again for your help. I'll keep an eye on this forum hoping that this conflict between Firefox and uTorrent is solved.

yeah I'll suggest doing some Optimization to uTorrent.

Usually that's the case, the FAQ guide from Ultima signature has all the details

- but to summarize lower your bandwidth usage, to something like 10kB/s upload

- change the amount of opens, as already mentioned by Ryan

- turn off DHT

- etc

Attention Ryan Norton:

Thank you very much.

After I changed my ":net.max_halfopen"" to 1 everything worked fine.

Previously I had the number 80 in this slot......of course ...I have no idea why.

Thanks again, you helped me maintain a good Browser and a good BT Client.

• 1 year later...

kapacska wrote:

"Sorry for my bad english, but I need help!!!

I can't use my utorrent with OPERA netbrowser. Do you know why?"

Hi kapacska. uTorrent 1.81 fixed problems I had with several different browsing & email programs on a WinXP system and it will probably fix your problem with Opera, too if you're running under Windows. Firon mentioned that 1.8.1 fixes a problem with the Windows stack and all browsers - including Opera - use the Windows stack to communicate online.

Archived