Hard blocking of using utorrent by provider

Inferi0r

Hello,

My provider wants to block all the p2p traffic. At first the trackers where blocked in utorrent. No problem, it works with DHT. Then i have to use Protocol encryption.

The newest problem is that, on a way i doesn't understand, DHT blocked is. I see only 1 node (myself).

I call a friend with the same provider to be sure that it wasn't not my pc's or routers problem en he agree's that it was blocked by the provider.

Router: SpeedTouch 716

Ports: Open, green icon

Protocol encryption: Normal. (Forced doesn't work)

Firewall: Only a not working Windows Firewall

My question: is there anyway to enqrypt DHT or whatever of a another solution?

Thanx (sorry for my bad english)

Only Norman Virus Control. Maybe is it my bad english but i'm sure that its my provider. At first i have checked the pc's of my brothers and dad and i see on the same moment the same problem. Then i thought maybe its my router (however I had nothing changed) so i'm calling a friend with the same provider and a favorite utorrent downloader. And he agrees: I have now the same problem on the same moment that it started at you.

"i'm calling a friend with the same provider and a favorite utorrent downloader. And he agrees: I have now the same problem on the same moment that it started at you."

Do you mean your friend who is "a favorite utorrent downloader" also now has the same problem?

If so, about all you can hope to do is change ISPs.

It is REMOTELY possible that an encrypted VPN connection may allow slow (maybe 6-20 KiloBYTES/sec) torrent speeds through it. But good luck finding one of those...and good luck configuring it and µTorrent to work together!

Archived