Please Help

blg912

I have download utorrent first time and found out the spped is low. After i made some changes following the forum commented, the speed is getting up. But one thing confused me: my current port is 16731, but once i check the port is being correctly forwarded, it says "Port 16731 does not appear to be open." What does that mean? Should i need to change the port?

Thanks for telling me that. i just wanted to know whether it is the right port or not, because the port no. 16371 came with the software so i really don't wether i should change it. i have run the speed test but it does not show the speed in Malaysia. It only appeared test in USA. What should i do?

Thank you.

" but it does not show the speed in Malaysia."

Huh? You need to know how fast you can up(!)load with your line. what has this to do with USA if you are in Malaysia? I don't understand.

if you are not sure then look into your ISP contract what uplaodspeed they give you and then follw the speed guide.

you can choose what ever port you like as long as no other service on your PC is using the same port.

Thank you for your comment but i have the download speed of not more than 20kb/s. i have tried the ways from the speed guide and other commentary from the forum, it might be the local setting problem. if u have any idea on how to make the download speed faster, kindly inform me.

Thank you.

P/s: What i was trying to say is i have run the speed test from www.dslreports.com fro m the Speed Guide but i found out that the results only show the USA internet service provider, i can't get the actual speed in my country as i am a Malaysian. Sorry to confuse you.

@blg912 --> for your settings, the download speed isn't what matters... it is the upload speed...

and as for the speed test, whatever speed the speed test gives you is your speed... it makes little difference if you're in Malaysia or not...

@danzetim --> in the preferences, locate the button to associate .torrent files... and push it.

-- Smoovious

Archived