"Automatically load torrents" only works on startup

NiteShdw

not exactlly a bug, should really be in feature request

but yeah woudlnt be an idea

I understand what you are saying, but the point is that the words "auto load" imply automatic, without intervention, loading of torrents. This isn't the case, because restarting uTorrent requires user interaction :-P

It's not a NEW feature, it's just a feature that needs a little work to do what it should do.

Agreed. I just switched from Azureus last night and for the most part really like utorrent, but this feature is how I start(ed) all of my torrents so it would be great if it had full functionality.

Edit

works fine for me...almost instantaneously once they're downloaded

Can I just ask you and everyone else how you have the option below set. I currently have it set to delete torrents once they're loaded, but the only time this feature worked it was set to rename. Maybe it's related...

Edit2

Looking in the logger tab there's a message that says: "Unable to load 'C:\path\to\torrents\torrent.torrent' from the autoload folder."

• 2 months later...

Hi!

I have created a program that automatically downloads torrents into a folder, but uTorrent does not auto-load them. However, if I download another torrent into the same folder using firefox, uTorrent starts both torrents. So, how does uTorrent know that a new torrent has been added into a folder? Maybe the solution NiteShdw proposed about periodically checking for new torrents could solve this.

• 1 month later...

I'm newly returned to v1.5 after trying an earlier version several months ago and using something else in the meantime. I have to agree that the auto-load functionality does not work -- certainly not as I understood it to work.

I check to make sure auto-load is enabled and that I have the directory name I think I have. Then I use Windows Explorer to copy a .torrent into that directory, expecting utorrent to start it up. It doesn't, so I have to start it manually.

That isn't the functionality I remember from that earlier version. You just drop a file in the auto-load directory and it starts up. Major difference this time though is that these torrents are seeds. I don't know if that matters - seems it shouldn't - but it sure doesn't work.

Um, come to think of it though, I changed OS's in the meantime from 98SE to 2kPro and thus from FAT32 to NTFS. That may matter or may not.

I'm also having the probleme that the torrents are not loading, only at startup. I'm running utorrent on its own machine and uploading the torrents with the network shared.

EDIT :

Was able to fix it by putting the autoload folder on the same HD as windows, no idea if that is the reason but before it was a NetDisk that was mounted (something like a NAS) and it didn't see new torrents but now it works fine.

listerine's experience may be relevant to me also. In all the changing around I did, I also moved my autoload directory from %windrive% to a different drive. No network mounting involved though. And with further experimentation my results are inconsistent. If I download a torrent directly into the autoload directory it seems to work. But if I just copy it then it sometimes works but usually doesn't.

Archived