Can't Open uTorrent

hakumacha

For the past 3 weeks or so, utorrent has been working fine on this computer, but then a few days ago, I started getting this message everytime I tried opening it:

"It seems like utorrent is already running, but not responding. Please close all utorrent processes and try again." And then it doesn't open. When I got to taskmanager and try to end "utorrent.exe" it doesn't do aynthing... I also can't delete utorrent; it says "destination folder access denied". I tried checking the ownership status and stuff, it still doesn't delete. And since I can't end the utorrent.exe process, the "utorrent is already running" message won't go away either.

What should I do?

(I'm using Vista Home Premium. And I read the FAQ.)

Hi guys,

I seem to be having a very similar, if not same, problem as hakumacha. I've tried Firon's solution but uTorrent doesn't appear in my startup.

Just to reiterate, I am running Vista home premium and I've recently downloaded the new Zonealarm. Since installing it uTorrent has not appeared. All disputes about ZA aside, I tried shutting it down and opening uTorrent but I still had the same problem; a message appears saying "It seems like utorrent is already running, but not responding. Please close all utorrent processes and try again." As with hakumacha, the process is running in my task manager but doesn't seem to appear.

Can anyone help please?

Thank you very much.

Help??

Archived