Sudden download limit and slow http

splitriff

Suddenly, about exactly after I updated to version 1.7.1 my downloads would not exceed 80 kb/s and the entire network became unbearable to surf on.

I have explored the forums and searched the problems, but cannot find a solution. I have vista ultimate, 3.5gb P4 w/ 1g ram, asus mobo etc. I have my ports forwarded through the firewall and router which were working just fine until the update. I have downloaded the tcpip patch and have tried changing my max half open. I have tried limiting my max connections, limiting connections per torrent. i have tried high seeder/low leecher torrents that i have already downloaded previously at very high speeds. My isp is verizon and i can usually obtain download speeds 150kb/s+ but am very obviously capped. my upload speed is above 6 kb/s. I have also tried going back to previous versions as far back as 1.4 and have seen the exact same problem. I have changed my port to above 6000 to help interfere less with websites, but any internet surfing is just a little bit faster than dialup from any computer in the network when utorrent is running on my machine. as soon as utorrent is off, the network is running full speed again. my computer shows no memory leak or high cpu usage, although utorrent now briefly freezes before closing. I have tried adjusting settings with the cache to the hard drive with no results. there arent any other programs interfering as far as i can tell.

Feel free to ask anything i have left out, and Please Help!!

I have tried limiting my max connections to 10, 20, 50, 100, 200, 250. and i have tried limiting my connections per torrent to 5, 10, 20, 25. also, i have my encryption enabled and legacy connections allowed. i cannot reach speeds above 85 kb/s and it varies somewhere between 75 and 85, but does not maintain a constant rate

i have disabled DHT with no results, disabled upnp with no results and i am unclear on resolving IPs. i set my ip address in the blank selection in the advanced options which i believe is resolving my IPs. all these have had no change on or off. I will try lowering my net max half open to 2 but have had no luck setting it at any number

Archived