Multi-source downloading

VenQWish

I searched the forum and didn't really find this suggestion yet. Would it be possible to download from more sources at a time? For public trackers this is no problem, since you can add the url I think. But for private torrents, this does not work as your passkey and maybe other parameters are different.

Would it be possible to download a torrent from one site, then when you download "the same" torrent from another site, and when you select the same source destination, they can use both trackers? Of course updating upload/download rate seperately ;).

One problem would be if for example the .sfv or any other file might be different, they can't use both trackers for this file. Maybe then you should choose from which swarm you would download those pieces which make up the file.

Anyhow, just an idea, maybe usefull, share me your toughts on this plz ;).

So it's totally impossible? Too bad :/ Thx for the quick reply :)

/edit: hmmm, but in the end, the files are just the same... It should be possible to let the client handle two torrents of the same files no? They just need to "communicate" which piece is being downloaded by the other one(s) to avoid write acces conflicts (if I get it correctly).

Archived