Aol Spyware States Utorrent Trojon

thelickster

Help meeeeeeee. I have been using Utorrent for ages and it is the business. For the last week my free AOL Spysweeper software has been warning me and blocking a threat which it states is a trojan and is from Utorrent. I'm running the latest AVG virus scanner and have MacAfee firewall. It;s nothing that i've downloaded with Utorrent, because I've scanned all that with the spysweeper individually. It only seems to have happene within the last week. Also the set up screen keeps re appearing where I'm asked what my bandwidth is, and I have to click use current settings. Can someone help me before I smash the lot to tiny little pieces? Ta very much. Steve

And to top it off, i've just started Utorrent again, it sent me back to the sppedguide section and lost all trace of my partly downloaded files. What have I done, what do I need to do. I just can't live without Utorrent working correctly. HHHEEEEEEELLLLPPPP

Get rid of *all* AOL products, and word-scan through RegEdit to nuke the griffnuts.

(eTrust PestPatrol is a considerably more robust antispyware program; it also targets popular P2P applications, but there's also a huge, fat "Exclude" (from nuking) button.)

Archived