UTorrent 1.7.4 Crashing

Dagglesdaman

Ever since i let Utorrent V1.7.2 update to 1.7.4 it keeps crashing every few hrs for no reason at all.

I was wondering if anyone knows about this problem or having the same problem ?

I am running windows xp sp2 through my belkin adsl +2 broadband router with 3 systems connected but not all running at once. My system has 1Gb of ram and 120Gb hhd x 3 IDE ata100 drives.

Hi! Having the same problem...

When I turn utorrent on it downloads everything normally, but it crashes all the time.. 1h after I turn it on, sometimes 2h, 30min, 10min, 3h... It's just very random...

This has happened tha last month maybe? Even with the previous version of utorren (1.7.3) I believe.. I get no error message, the computer just freezes... Sometimes I leave utorrent working during the night (happy hours!) and in the morning when I go to the computer the screensaver in showned and the computer doesn't respond to teh mouse or keyboard. Just freezes.

I checked the incompatible software (don't have none I think) and I usually turn off my firewall (using Kaspersky Internet Security) because my utorrent could never get the "green light" when I kept it active.. Only the "yellow light" :D But this has happened ever since I used utorrent, and not only now that utorren crashes my PC (so they shouldn't be related)...

I did a memory test (Windows Memory Diagnost) and everythings working...

Since in other threads you asked for the Process Explorer, here it is:

Process PID CPU Description Company Name

System Idle Process 0 98.30

Interrupts n/a Hardware Interrupts

DPCs n/a Deferred Procedure Calls

System 4

smss.exe 904 Windows NT Session Manager Microsoft Corporation

csrss.exe 988 Client Server Runtime Process Microsoft Corporation

winlogon.exe 1016 Aplicação de início de sessão do Windows NT Microsoft Corporation

services.exe 1060 0.57 Aplicação de serviços e controlo Microsoft Corporation

svchost.exe 1232 Generic Host Process for Win32 Services Microsoft Corporation

svchost.exe 1300 Generic Host Process for Win32 Services Microsoft Corporation

svchost.exe 1340 Generic Host Process for Win32 Services Microsoft Corporation

InCDsrv.exe 1360 incdsrv Nero AG

svchost.exe 1524 Generic Host Process for Win32 Services Microsoft Corporation

svchost.exe 1580 Generic Host Process for Win32 Services Microsoft Corporation

spoolsv.exe 1784 Spooler SubSystem App Microsoft Corporation

AluSchedulerSvc.exe 1904 Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler Service Symantec Corporation

avp.exe 1920 Kaspersky Anti-Virus Kaspersky Lab

LSSrvc.exe 1968 Hewlett-Packard Company

nvsvc32.exe 2008 NVIDIA Driver Helper Service, Version 94.24 NVIDIA Corporation

wdfmgr.exe 252 Windows User Mode Driver Manager Microsoft Corporation

alg.exe 536 Application Layer Gateway Service Microsoft Corporation

SSScsiSV.exe 1064 SonicStage Scsi I/F Server Sony Corporation

lsass.exe 1072 LSA Shell (Export Version) Microsoft Corporation

explorer.exe 1264 Explorador do Windows Microsoft Corporation

aaCenter.exe 1512

InCD.exe 1604 InCD Nero AG

PDVDServ.exe 1608 PowerDVD RC Service Cyberlink Corp.

AiNap.exe 1620

itype.exe 1632 IType.exe Microsoft Corporation

ipoint.exe 1684 IPoint.exe Microsoft Corporation

CnxDslTb.exe 1692 Aplicativo TaskBar Conexant Systems Inc.

SSAAD.exe 1680 SonicStage Atrac Hard Disk Monitor

jusched.exe 1720 Java Platform SE binary Sun Microsystems, Inc.

avp.exe 1732 Kaspersky Anti-Virus Kaspersky Lab

smax4pnp.exe 2036 SMax4PNP Analog Devices, Inc.

SMax4.exe 204 Audio Control Panel Analog Devices, Inc.

ctfmon.exe 652 CTF Loader Microsoft Corporation

msnmsgr.exe 672 Messenger Microsoft Corporation

IDMan.exe 680 Internet Download Manager Application (IDM) Tonec Inc.

firefox.exe 2556 Firefox Mozilla Corporation

procexp.exe 648 1.14 Sysinternals Process Explorer Sysinternals

Hope you can help me...

"When getting NVIDIA message of conflict with UTorrent:

If using an ASUS motherboard:

Take your motherboard install disk an get into \Drivers\Chipset\32bit\XP\Ethernet\NAM\NAMSetup.exe

Start this program - do an uninstall not modify/repair. This will eliminate the problem."

Can't find that directory. I'm using an Asus P5B Deluxe and the directory goes like \drivers\chipste\intel. I done a search on the disk and there isn't anything named NAM.

Still crashing utorrent, even with the updated version 1.7.5...

Anyone, help!!!

Btw, I started using bitcomet but I really don't like it... But it works :S

Please help me go back to utorrent...

Hi FredC,

Why don't you try installing an older version of Utorrent and see if that works.

You seam to have alot of processes running at one time there. Are you sure your not running out of memory ?

Try not having a screensaver running.

I set my power saving to always on with the monitor turn off after 5 mins this works great for me.

Try it and see if it works for you. :)

Well I uninstall Utorrent 1.7.4 and installed 1.7.2 and all is now well again.

SO my opinion is don't update anything if its working ok.

Thanks to the team who made Utorrent such a gr8 peice of free software

Firon: I know it's out, but I'm having the same problem...

I'll try to unistall utorrent and install again...

But the way, I looked for something in the add/remove programs named Forceware Network Manager and didn't find.. Something wrong with the applications I'm runnig?

I have 2gb of RAM so memory doesn't seems a problem... I don't know why the hell I have so many things running but I'm no expert so I really don't know what shouldn't be there =P

Firon: Something interesting...

Uninstalled and installed utorrent 1.7.5... Didn't crash while I was in the computer but I left it working and when I woke up in the morning it had crashed once again :S

However, in the past nights I disabled the screensaver and I left the PC working with the monitor turned off and it's working perfectly!!

So, my question is: Why? Screensaver is the problem?!´´

ps: One thing that might be worth telling... When my screensaver activates if I try to work on the computer it goes directly to the windows screen where I have to choose which account I want to log in (windows XP)... When I turn the screensaver option off this screen doesn't appear, it just appears my desktop.

i would like to confirm this, when im behind my windows xp screensaver 1.7.4, and 1.7.5 versions both crashed after a few hours. disabled the screensaver and left utorrent open, no crashes since. i will update after few more days, so far 8 gb uploaded without a crash, havnt done that in a few weeks though. i thought it was my isp, the tracker error was saying connection closed by peer.

another full day of seeding without a crash, im convinced it was the screensaver.

ultima, i would send the crashdumps, but i couldnt find them. they were not in the folder the .exe was in. not sure were else i could find them.

BT4Life,

There was a few minor/major issues with the v1.7.x series.

If you don't limit local peers, then it CAN overload your connection.

Some of the new advanced settings are too much for unreliable computers such as yours and should be disabled.

Lastly, if you didn't run Speed Guide (CTRL+G) and choose a setting at or below your max upload speed...then you will DEFINITELY have problems.

Lots of people have bad software on their computer to begin with, µTorrent's aggressive network use just triggers problems because of it.

There are other bugs which are slowly being removed...but for the most part, what I mentioned above is the primary cause of people's problems.

no, this has nothing to do with overloading my network. I aint no newb to bittorrents. my global max number of connection and max number of peers are set to 100/80 at all times. sometimes less, but never more than that. as for upload speed, I either set it to 25 or 10. I never set it to unlimited.

my computer is fine, no viruses or spywares. I'm not a newb with computers. I know when I have viruses and I can remove them easily.

You can't kill a hard drive that simply.

And if you're having computer crashes, you have other problems. Either a lousy firewall like Zone Alarm, or your hardware was already failing. Turn off automatic BSODs, and post a process list with HijackThis.

actually, u can. it's called Overheating. when utorrent 1.7.4 runs, the harddrive overheats and freezes. then it restarts. if u continue using the computer immediately after the restarting and run utorrent 1.7.4 again.. then it will overheat even more, freeze up again, and then restart again. do it 4-5 times over and yur harddrive is toast.

it's the same way with PSUs, processors and RAM. one or 2 overheatings won't break them, but try to continuously run the PC after 4-5 restarts, they will break.

sure if it happened once or twice it can't break yur harddrive, but 4-5 times in a row? my harddrive has NEVER restarted and frozen up like that until I started using 1.7.4. no lies.

dude, posting a HijackThis log won't matter. even if I had a virus, it was on the broken harddrive, not this one (duh?). my computer is fine right now, no restarts.

Archived