Clicking torrent links in IE7

Robanhood

Hi! This is a great program. Just ditched BitComet and moved to µTorrent - shoulda done it ages ago!

This has to be the smallest problem ever: when I click on torrent links in IE7, µTorrent window activates like it should but it remains in the background, behind IE. Should it take focus and bring its window on top of others? Obviously the add torrent dialog is in the µTorrent window waiting to be clicked OK.

I've solved this by unchecking the add torrent dialog, but then all my torrents go into one dir without a chance to modify the files to download or their download location.

I'm using µTorrent 1.7.5 and Windows Vista. I don't have any other web browsers than IE7 installed, but maybe I'll check 'em out. I know this could have something to do with Vista UAC or IE7 protected mode. Anyone else exprerienced this?

• 6 months later...

OK, now I'm back to XP from Vista (and boy is this 10 times better!). This problem with uTorrent remaining in the background when clicking on torrent links can be fixed with disabling TweakUI setting "prevent applications from stealing focus". One problem still remains: uTorrent window has to to be visible for this to work. If uTorrent is minimized into System Tray and I click on torrent link in my web browser (IE6, IE7, Firefox all behave the same) the dialog that shows torrent's contents still appears behind the browser window! Am I the only one with this?

Archived