Computer doesn't shutdown after using utorrent

Rowan

Hi,

I am having some problems with this program. After using it and I want to shutdown my PC it hangs at the "Saving Personal Settings" screen. Besides that utorrent works great.

Some other important info:

- I had the same problem after using the ABC client.

- I think it has something to do with the "Connections Tray", when I try to disconnect from the Internet the "Connection Tray" crashes and I can't use the Internet and I can't reconnect.

- When I go to "My Network Connections" and I try to disconnect from there, it won't go any further than "Trying To Disconnect".

Sorry for the crappy English, I use Windows XP Home SP2 Dutch, but the names should be similar.

Hope someone can help me out.

:)

µTorrent needs time to announce to the trackers, flush any data, and write the setting files. It takes even longer if the trackers are unresponsive, and Windows might see this as it being frozen.

Close µTorrent and wait for the process to exit in the task manager before shutting down, I guess. :P

µTorrent needs time to announce to the trackers, flush any data, and write the setting files. It takes even longer if the trackers are unresponsive, and Windows might see this as it being frozen.

Close µTorrent and wait for the process to exit in the task manager before shutting down, I guess. :P

I don't always shutdown right after using utorrent, most of the time it's hours later.

This usually happens if you don't pause/stop your torrents before shutdown.

Ok thanks, I'll try that.

:)

I don't know if it's related to this but...

I have windows xp and 2 separate sessions (2 users), I left µtorrent running in my session and sometimes when my brother uses his and log out, windows hangs up. In my version (spanish) of xp it hangs after "saving personal settings", it says "closing session" (I suppose in english version it would be "logging off") and get stuck there. Nothing I can do, just reset. I use Fast User Switching in xp. Could it be µtorrent related? I've tried uphclean (no good, it hanged again), any suggestion?

• 2 years later...

Archived