Bizarre problem seeding

Rivenshield

Created a new torrent, uploaded it to the tracker, put the torrent and the stuff I was uploading in the same folder on my desktop. When I launch uTorrent it says 'Checked' and then goes up to 100% in the Status column... and the 'Done' column stops at 12.7%. The Status percentile counts up almost ten times faster than the Done percentile.

Tried deleting it and creating a new torrent. Same deal. Tried downloading my own already-announced torrent from the tracker. Same result. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling uTorrent. No joy. Yes, I verified all the files I am seeding are present. No, I didn't create the torrent halfway through adding files to the folder that I'm seeding from.

WTF? I have thirteen people (successfully) downloading this thing -- are they going to get stuck at 12.7%?

.WMA and MP3 files.

Oh, and now even the torrent I successfully created and seeded the day before yesterday (same file types) is now DOWNLOADING at 98.8% completion. If I click on the Files tab, it shows a dozen files as being incomplete. I opened one and listened to it all the way through. Nothing's wrong with it. It's all *there* -- it's just that uTorrent doesn't see it.

Tried system restore, reboot, clean reinstall of uTorrent. No good.

(/cries)

'Changing tags on my files.' You mean the embedded data that goes with each track that tells Windows Media Player the track name & etc.? Okay. So.... any ideas as to what I can *do* about this? Are there certain processes I should shut down? Do I create and publish a *third* torrent and hope it'll be OK?

Ideas, anyone?

Archived