uTorrent loses all network connectivity

omikjam

Sometimes (seems random) uTorrent loses all network connectivity for a random amount of time, usually until I either restart utorrent or disconnect my network cable and then reattach it 30 seconds later, (it takes a while for utorrent to "wake up" again though). If I just remove and reattach the network cable the problem sometimes arises shortly after again

Or well, not all connectivity, it's just unable to issue HTTP requests(?), RSS doesn't work, update check doesn't work and it says tracker timeout. But if I turn the webui on, I can access utorrent from it. Oh, and it doesn't lose it's connection to the peers, it just drops them over time (probably since it doesn't receive any new ones from the private tracker?). If i try to add a new torrent while this is happening the torrent will load but it will never start downloading.

I've seen this happen anywhere from once a week to three times in one day. I have not been able to reproduce it... Some searching on google doesn't turn up much, all I could find was some old thread about a similar problem. Further more I don't have a firewaill and I'm not behind NAT.

What I've tried is /flushdns, trying different trackers (same problem everywhere). The trackers still work in other software, and Opera/Firefox work just fine (browsing the tracker pages).

Please help, this is driving me nuts!

hijack this and process explorer logs

This is with uTorrent 1.7.5.

Any more information you need?

Disable IP resolving in the Peers tab context menu - It's already off

Try disabling DHT - Will try this..

Try disabling UPnP and NAT-PMP - Always been disabled

Try disabling peer.resolve_country if it isn't already set to false - Never been enabled

Try lowering maximum global number of connections to 200? 100? 50? - Will try this too. It was set really high (600)

Lower net.max_halfopen to 4 - Tried already

Patched TCPIP.sys - Tried already

Connect your computer directly to the modem to make sure the problem is not caused by the router - I don't have a modem, nor router.

It's really hard to test since it occurs randomly.

Archived