*.torrent are twice saved

SolidasRock

Copies are made to %appdata%\uTorrent - This is how uT works - It needs those copies to maintain the list. Maybe if you're using an older OS (Win9x?) its a different folder.

as long i have said: they are in "mijn documenten" and not in %appdata%\utorrent. i use XP SP2 Proffesional Dutch.

my %appdata%\utorrent is at C:. "Mijn Documenten" is at D:. my given path for the *.torrent is I:. (yes i have 3 hdds).

i dislike to see several *.torrent at "Mijn Documenten". how to stop it?

You are only supposed to have one appdata / system. So check your windows settings, this has nothing to with utorrent.

utorrent saves torrents in %appdata%\utorrent . The system specifies %appdata% directory so if you have several %appdata% you will get duplicates.

You are only supposed to have one appdata / system. So check your windows settings, this has nothing to with utorrent.

utorrent saves torrents in %appdata%\utorrent . The system specifies %appdata% directory so if you have several %appdata% you will get duplicates.

i have one %appdata% and this exist at C:\. i have checked %appdata%\utorrent and there dont exist ANY *.torrents.

my documents, my pictures, my music, do exist at D: and nothing more than these maps. all other maps are on C. i hope i am clear enough now...

again how to fix this?

well, %appdata% is a system variable. uTorrent simply uses it.

do this, Start -> Run -> CMD

In the command prompt, write 'echo %appdata%' without the quotes. Let us know what it writes.

i know... i know, i am not a newbie.

when typing echo %appdata% i get a message back with C:\documents and settings\solidasrock\application data\.

i really hope i am clear enough now, so can we stop talking about %appdata%?

Well, there's no reason uTorrent would make copies in Your documents. It only uses the %appdata% for that, Thats it, nothing more. You can try closing uTorrent, and move the .dat files to the same place as the .exe , that should make it write the copies in the same place as the .exe file.

Well, there's no reason uTorrent would make copies in Your documents. It only uses the %appdata% for that, Thats it, nothing more. You can try closing uTorrent, and move the .dat files to the same place as the .exe , that should make it write the copies in the same place as the .exe file.

there is a reason because it happened every time, ok? all *.dat exist in %appdata%\utorrent, the utorrent.exe exist in D:\bittorrent because there are more clients in that map as if azureus, abc and go so on...

you believe move the utorrent.exe

i really dont understand why utorrent save a copy to D:\my documents because there is no reason to do that?

i will give a try to move utorrent.exe and look if it helps...

edit: it dont help. but i have found what occurs this problem, opera 8.51 save everything to my documents, opera dont care if i open or download somewhat.

case closed...

Archived