mystical speed wariations and problems

Fear125

The problem is like this.

when i download from eksample piratebay, mininova and soo on i always get crappy speed iven if im connected to 100people more or less... the upload is wery good but the speed is about 30-40 kbps and im used to have about 200-250

I'm using windows vista ultimate the ports are open the openport lights in Utorrent i green, and the router is sett up for this.

But if i download from another site named norbits, i gett full speed, and many people is crouded on that side to........ anny idea what the problem might bee???

by the way the upload i sett to max 30kbps

Different swarms have different peers. Many on "broadband" have highly asynchronous connections meaning they don't upload NEARLY as fast as they download. Couple that with ISP interference... and a general configuration of overloading one's connection with active torrents and it's not a surprise you get a general low download speed.

Although you may have limited upload speed to 30 KiloBYTES/sec, that's still too fast if you only have 256 kilobits/sec total upload bandwidth. Also, bad settings for total connections, upload slots, and half open rate can still result in good speeds on torrents that are very seed-heavy -- but HORRIBLE speeds on torrents that have few seeds and lots of (slow?) peers. The difference is often between public and private torrents...and also whether you are firewalled in µTorrent or not!

Being firewalled on a public torrent is generally the worst combination. :(

Archived