Connection issue/confusion

Jen

I've been using utorrent for years and I've never had a problem with it, but all of a sudden I'm getting that little yellow triangle saying "no incoming connections." I don't know what brought this on. I tested the port and it won't pass. I keep getting an error. I tried the whole static IP address thingy, but I couldn't complete it because when they tell you to enter your current IP address they give you the first couple number and you have to fill in the rest. Well, they don't match mine, so I can't even enter the correct numbers. I tried downloading http://distribution.openoffice.org/p2p/ as someone suggested and that did download, but while the yellow triangle was still there. It never went green. Why does only that download while yellow, but nothing else will?

When peers are firewalled, they rely on being able to connect to OTHER UN-firewalled peers ("I" flag in Peers tab) as incoming connections.

If you haven't changed ANYTHING on your end (hardware between you and ISP, software on your computer) it is possible your ISP started mucking with your connection. Changing the port > 5120 may help if you were currently using a service port. Also check around on your ISP forum or dslreports.com to see if they mention problems. If it is your ISP it could range widely what measures they are taking to keep you from using your connection the way you see fit.

Your LAN ip change?

I don't know if ComCast is providing cablemodems that have NAT features, but if they do...your modem may have changed its LAN ips too.

A software change (such as a new version of uTorrent) may cause firewall problems...

Or a virus...

Have you tried running HijackThis! and looking for conflicting software on your computer?

Archived