Fragmented Files

mhack2007

Hey guys ive been using BitTorrent alot recently and when I just analyzed the space I had on my hard drive it showed that there was about 100GB of fragmented files from my downloads, not including the items themself. If anybody could tell me how to remove all the fragmented files or a program that could help me that would be great.

Thanks

~matt~

Using the same APIs doesn't mean everything is implemented in the same manner -- look to µTorrent for an example (it uses Win32 for the interface, as most GUI applications do at some level, but many/most of them aren't as efficient) :P

So I guess my answer would be "it just is." It may well have been laziness in coding, or something unintentional that caused the built-in defragmenter to be slow, but I tend to doubt that. AFAIK, Disk Defragmenter was created by Executive Software, based on their Diskeeper product. I wouldn't be too surprised if they crippled the built-in version just so they could get more sales for their flagship product.[/conspiracy-theory-mode]

Interesting theory Ultima, but quite plausible. Downloading JKDefrag now. Of course, it's not gonna be much use as long as most of my partitions on all 3 disks are chock full thanks to utorrent! :P (Hmm, some major digital spring-cleaning is in order, so time to stop procrastinating, I guess!)

Archived