Access is Denied?

Cheshire

My torrents will all start to say "Downloading", but then will cancel out with an error. Most of them say "Access is Denied" and some will say "The system cannot find the path specified." I tried changing the folder to put new downloads in, but this didn't help.

What's going on? I haven't had a problem with µtorrent in the 5 months I've been using it, and all of a sudden this pops up.

I read somewhere that Roxio might cause a problem? This is the first time I've tried to use µtorrent since installing my BlackBerry Device Manager (by Roxio) so I'm assuming it has something to do with that.

Please help me fix this, I can't download anything on my school's network and I'm not home for much longer. :)

Well, yes generally speaking a software AV / security center application, or media player / indexer which auto-scans files can interrupt downloading.

A fast way to check this is to enable the "append !ut to incomplete downloads" found under Preferences (Ctrl-P). Since !ut is foreign to programs they will not try to open / scan / index / futz with your downloads.

If that does not help, OR if it does and you don't want to have to rename files to browse them while incomplete you may want to go through Ultima's How-To Troubleshooter and paste the HJT log or Procexp log for further perusal of your installed-and-active programs.

As jewel said, a HijackThis log for the "access denied" problem will help.

Re. the other "system cannot find the path specified" problem, can you try downloading to a directory whose path is short, such as "C:\Downloads"? For torrents already facing this problem, stop them and move the data to a dir. like the one mentioned above, then change the download location via the torrent's context menu, force a re-check, restart it and see.

Personally I'd use a copy operation... if your hard drive is dying. :P

The direct options for what ajones81 says is "right click -> Advanced -> Change download location" then right click -> Force recheck

Alternatively, if you right click on the torrent where you are getting the error, what folder opens when you say "open containing folder", and does it match where you expect it to be opening from the "General" tab

Archived