Utorrent and the internet

The Gardon Hunters

We are using uTorrent 1.7.5 successfully, downloading at a reasonable speed. We have a 1MB connection.

However, we can't use the internet or Outlook Express at the same time as uTorrent.

What happens is that the screen freezes with the OE logo showing. The download does continue in the background but OE does not load. We have tried using Task Manager to end the OE process but this also freezes. So the only solution is to turn the computer off manually. We do this after, say, 20 minutes to give the PC plenty of time to sort itself out.

Without uTorrent, we can successfully use the internet often having several sites open at the same time without loss of speed.

At the moment it's 'EITHER/OR'. We would like it to be 'BOTH'.

Any views please.

My guess: new to forums ;) Those who regularly help out can see when forum posts have been updated.

I hope your new years festivities went well. Would you mind going through the steps I highlighted in your old thread and updating your status/progression in there? I am aware you are pointing out a new problem suggesting program incompatibility now, but going through the common steps in the page ajones81 linked will help those who help out here diagnose your problem with you.

We are so sorry for going about this the wrong way. After receiving a reply to our original thread we followed the instructions and made adjustments mainly increasing uploads allowed and it changed things immediately and all seemed well.

However, we are still left with this 'EITHER/OR' situation - hence the new thread.

Again, our apologies to everyone.

Archived