why do i have to change listening port each time i log on?

benjawon

each time I turn on my computer and start u-torrent a-fresh I have to go into options > preferences > click on random port and take that number and put it into the router's LAN port & public port, otherwise the download is slow and the test to see if the port is forwarded correctly says there is an error.

I do not have a problem with the firewall on the computer and I followed all instructions on setting up a static IP address and port forwarding.

Is this just something I will have to do each time or is there a way of setting up my router so I don't have to do this? I have a BELKIN router if this helps....

thanks

Enable it and see, it might work for your router, in which case you won't need to port forward manually as uTorrent will take care of the details and negotiate with your router for you.

If the port's being blocked at the router, then obviously you haven't port forwarded properly. Did you see if your router's listed at portforward.com and follow the directions therein for uTorrent?

Also, what firewall/antivirus/other security software do you have? Do they all have rules for allowing uTorrent through? Maybe your modem/router has a hardware firewall as well? Do check that possibility out.

by enabling UPnP on both router and in U-torrent it seems to have no problems now even when I turn off the computer and turn it back on again, does that mean I didn't need to forward a port in the first place? if so should I just leave all those settings as they are now?

Archived