About the scheduler

Dan86

Scheduler *CAN* disable DHT while set to "off" mode for certain hours, however it doesn't have to if you don't have the box checked.

Force starting torrents override Scheduler's settings, but have a problem of overloading your line if you're already running lots of torrents. :(

Even when your upload speed and download speed is low, if you have lots of torrents going at once it can be a strain on marginal networking hardware and software. (Most people have junk software firewalls like Zone Alarm or junk routers like D-Link or Belkin which can't handle high half open rates or 100+ connections at once.)

Thanks a lot Switech, didn't notice that checkbox earlier.

And thanks for the info, I have a limit of 2GB transfer per month on my connection, but is unlimited during midnight, that's why I use the Scheduler. And due to the very low traffic limit, I rarely force start a torrent in the day.

Check to see if your plan counts upload separately.

If so, you can actually run in seed-only mode during the day...admittedly this WILL use a little download bandwidth too, but with many of the other features off (Resolve IPs, DHT, Local Peer Discovery, etc) it would still be pretty low. Roughly 1-4 MB download traffic per 1 GB of torrent parts uploaded.

Archived