Unable to improve speed

csice

I have spent the past 4 hours researching this with no improvement in speed. I have followed multiple guides as well as all the stock utorrent guides. I have attained a static ip and port forwarding which also did nothing. I do have a linksys wrt54gs but it is a version 6. At this point, I am stumped as to what I should do. I tried the sample torrent which seemed to work fine, running at around 550 kBps. However, when downloading a different torrent that had 40(330) seeds, I was only able to achieve a max of 20 kBps. I have around 10000kbps down and 1000 kbps up. I know there are multiple threads, which I have checked, but can anyone be so kind as to attempt to help me out? Thank you.

"a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark" means uTorrent is firewalled from incoming peers and seeds. You won't get any of those, you'll only be able to connect outward to unfirewalled peers and seeds...of which there may be VERY few on the torrents you're trying to download. And they may not be particularly fast lines either. (Dial up is far less likely to be firewalled.)

Whoops, sorry about that. You're right. If indeed you're just talking about anti-virus and not some security software I'd think it would be somewhere in the advanced preferences talking about "exceptions" for the utorrent folder. As for monitoring with the suite http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=255638#p255638 was what I was actually talking about :( Sorry again.

Archived