Wrong download location when opening from feeds

surikanta

Hai

using utorrent 1.8 beta (build 7795) but I think it was the same for previous builds.

each time I select and open more than one file from one of the feeds list, downloads automatically go to: C:\Documents and Settings\......\Application Data\uTorrent\ instead of my usual location without any dialog box.

Thanks

You want the advanced option ... wait it's not there. There used to be an option "RSS use default download directory"

Yup the option was lost post 7593. The devs know about it, and will investigate it for the next build. In the meantime, upgrade to the latest alpha, it fixes a remote crash bug about malformed clientids.

i have the same problem with utorrent 1.7.6 i can download but when the programme is restarted my downloaded stuff will not upload it says error can't open .torrent file. This is because it is looking in the wrong place i have not moved my downloads i just left them where they downloaded to. how can i fix this problem any help will greatly appriciated

hmmm ... right ...

it only happens when I choose more than one file from de rss list at once, and right click and choose to download them all.

in preferences-directories I don't have anything checked (I think I will create a default download location for now on) ... and that is probably why you where not able to reproduce it.

about the filters ... I don't have any filter checking files from the rss list for download

edit: just checked ... it doesn't happen if I have a default directory defined in preferences. I used to choose always manually.

hmmm ... right ...

it only happens when I choose more than one file from de rss list at once, and right click and choose to download them all.

in preferences-directories I don't have anything checked (I think I will create a default download location for now on) ... and that is probably why you where not able to reproduce it.

about the filters ... I don't have any filter checking files from the rss list for download

edit: just checked ... it doesn't happen if I have a default directory defined in preferences. I used to choose always manually.

Just to make sure things are right in RSS land. Here is how it functions currently:

(note that "active download directory" refers to the option in preferences for "new downloads")

1) multiple torrents selected and opened?

No add torrent dialog. Files are saved to settings directory (appdata/utorrent) if no active download directory chosen, otherwise saved to active download directory.

2) single torrent selected and opened?

Standard add torrent dialog. Functions the exact same way adding a torrent from disk should.

3) downloaded automatically via filter but no filter directory?

No add torrent dialog. If there is an active download directory set it is downloaded there first, otherwise it chooses the user's download folder if available (My Documents/Downloads often).

4) downloaded automatically via filter but with filter directory?

No add torrent dialog. Downloaded to the filter directory.

-----

Some of that might seem confusing, and indeed it confused me a bit as well. The question is that, as it appears, is it functioning this way in all cases for you? Also, the bigger question is that are there any improvements that can be made to the way things are done currently in your opinion?

Archived