download 100MB, but still downloading!

popadom

hello

i am a new U torrent user, great app. i have got a few questions.

i am downloading a file, doesnt matter what size it is but even after it reaches the download file size it keeps going. i noticed that when the file reached 50% the % bar didnt show 50% either, how does that work?

also, i am downloading files with a lot of seeds and peers, (in the 1000s) does that mean its popular and a lot of poeple are downloading it meaning the download speed should be faster? but i only seem to be able to connect to a couple of seeders and peers and therefore get a slow download speed, can i do anything about this? i have opend ports in the firwall and the test passed so should this be happening.

thanks

Check the General tab to see if there are many hashfails or wasted data. If so, the torrent might be fake or poisoned, in which case you might be better off finding a new source for the file.

Having thousands of peers doesn't mean it'll be faster. The peer count does not correlate with the transfer rate.

thanks Ultima, i thought it worked like that becuase the file would be more popular.

i didnt see any hash details in general but when i go on log i see a lot of hash fails, does that mean sectors are curropted?

i still dont understand why when a file is 100mb it will still download after it will reach 100mb.

Size downloaded Done

1.65 1.88 78.6%

thanks again.

Hostile peers and seeds are no doubt giving you garbage data, the portions you download fail hash check and are automatically downloaded again...sometimes to only fail again...rinse, repeat.

You probably need to block the hostile peers and seeds.

Or find out if your firewall, router, or modem is corrupting network traffic!

Archived