OOPS - I stopped a Seed.

wazup

Thanks, I should have known that - right clicking "Always" gives you something.

Also, wthis effect my "Seeding" rating? I've read on the web that grabbing and running (or I suppose stopping a seed) makes you a bad torrent user and uTorrent will will effectively slow down (throttle) downloads. Does this happen or true?

Cheers.

uTorrent will only throttle your download if you set your upload limit to a very low level, around 3 KB\s if memory serves. You can stop and start a torrent as much as you want and it really won't make a big difference. The only thing that matters is that you give it time to upload. The grabbing and running that you are refering to is when people download a torrent but don't upload it back. You are obligated to upload till your ratio is 1.000 but, it is considered common courtesy to seed till 1.100. But, truthfully, if you don't seed it there will be no consequences unless you are using a private tracker which keeps track of your ratio.

I call BS! LOTS!!!

I've metered my DS speed since I crapped the SEED! My DS sped went from (on avg) 41KPS to 9.8KPS! My UPLOAD speed is about the same.

I have 2 (TWO) torents that are now running MISERABLY SLOW! These are DL, and with 5 of 7 seedes connected, Peers: 45 of 81.

The UL speed is about 18.6KPS on avg, I have no problems with this stat.

My Lanalyzer App tells me that uT is grabbing so much BW for Notifications (got all the web data logx - that would be a Linix thing), that he DL BW is TROTTLED!

Someone please explain!

I'm not trying to be a bad apple, but being a 30 year vet of tech stuff, I need to understand what is really happening here.

I made a very simple mistake, and the reality is that something is happening that is unreasonable.

BTW: I checked iwth my ISP (Telus Networks - CGY - CAN) and they tell me that it is NOT their throttle situation. It has to wo with the DATA PROVIDER!!!

Sorry folks,

So sad...

The procedure mentioned will restart the torrent. Unless of course you have other torrents already in the queue (Ctrl-P -> Queueing) with a higher priority (smaller # column). You are experiencing normal boom-and-bust bittorent behaviour. If you'd be so kind as to provide a picture of the speed tab... that would help a bit maybe. but probably not. It is USUAL for people with forwarded ports are given a large majority of the bandwidth load since many people do not or can not forward their ports. If you want to reduce overhead, follow Ultima's How-To. It's there for a reason.

wazup said: "My Lanalyzer App tells me that uT is grabbing so much BW for Notifications (got all the web data logx - that would be a Linix thing), that he DL BW is TROTTLED!"

You may be using stupid settings for your connection.

Did you run Speed Guide (CTRL+G) and choose the setting that matched (or was below) your upload bandwidth max?

Did you change any of the advanced settings?

Have you tried turning off the advanced features (DHT, UPnP, Resolve IPs, Local Peer Discovery) that consume extra bandwidth and/or make extra connections?

Archived