Slow download speed

alucamaster

hi. new to using utorrent here.

my connection is 3mbps

i have been always using Azureus until i experience slow download speed and almost no peers and seeds connections at all 2 weeks ago. then under my friends recommendation i switch to utorrent. but currently i'm still experience a slow download speed(speed reaching a max of 10kbps only when in the past reach a 60mbps before) although there are many peers and seeds connected.

wondering if its becuase of the port forwarding i have forwarded my port and there is a green status bar, but when i did a port forward test using the speed guide it shows the current message:

Welcome to the µTorrent Port Checker.

A test will be performed on your computer to check if the specified port is opened.

Checking port 64320 on 165.21.155.75...

Error! Port 64320 does not appear to be open.

Please see www.portforward.com for more information about how to map a port.

Please make absolutely sure that PeerGuardian2 or Protowall is allowing utorrent.com (72.20.34.145) in either of those programs. Those of you using ipfilter.dat should make sure the list does not include the website's IP. After making sure of this, re-run this test by refreshing the page (F5).

i do not know what the PeerGuardian2, the Protowall or the ipfilter.dat are and where to find them.

is it really the port forwarding problem or could there be other reasons i am experience slow download speed.

pleas help, thank you

Well, thanks for giving uT a try. It definitely uses less resources than Azureus, however there probably isn't much else you can do. If you've tried keeping your connection Forced Encryption and disallow legacy connections (Ctrl-P -> BitTorrent) then it means your ISP is shaping you all to hell. Additionally they may restrict or even block tracker traffic / peer traffic. This may be on a profile (as in 4p to midnight) or may be all the time. I'm not sure what version this was applicable in but the in-development 1.8 line has some workarounds to combat traffic shaping. It's best to try it self-encapsulated so as to not affect your 1.7 settings.

Perhaps reading through my post after looking through the possibilities of the How-To will give you ideas. If nothing is applicable please provide more information below.

Archived