For Starters Like ME!

nauzhdir

Can anyone tell me how to tweak my utorrent. It is really slow. My friend already tweaked his utorrent but somehow he forget how to do it( He says he had forgotten it and he gets all the downloads he needs). I have tried using a patch that replace my tcpip with a new one but somehow it still doesnt work. when i had entered the commands "takeown /f c:\windows\system32\drivers\tcpip.sys

2. cacls c:\windows\system32\drivers\tcpip.sys /G "username":F" it says that No mapping between account names and security IDs was done. What the meaning of it?

Plus, when i tried to replace my tcpip.sys, there a line says that there some file cannot be copied. Im using Vista Home premium 32bit right now. I hope anybody can help me. (>o<)

My speed test result is 115(download)226(upload).Im using windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit, Norton Antivirus. My setting is upload limit 17kB/s, connections 55, max active torrents 10,upload slots 3, connections global(90) max active downloads 5. I don't understand about the network layout...Actually i really dont know about networking and P2p stuffs....so i hope you could guide me. I already formatted my computer many times because i have 'edited' my system32 files because there some says that using a patch to replace the tcpip.sys file....my download speed is bleow than 10 while my friend in the other hand once have reached to 400...

If that indeed was a speedtest while NOTHING else was running.. no HTTP no FTP no uTorrent, then your connection is only limited to 16 KiBps down THEORETICAL MAXIMUM. You could expect 12-13 sustained though. As far as upload that = 32 KiBps THEORETICAL maximum, with 25-28 sustained possible. Going through your settings you're trying to split 17 KiBps among 10*3 slots. That is ~ .5 KiBps which stretches even the internet protocols used for transfer. The Speed Guide (Ctrl-G) lists possible active torrents as 2 with 3 slots thereby splitting 22 KiBps 6 ways. Lower the settings under Ctrl-P->BitTorrent or reset the default settings with the Speed Guide and see how that does with either of the test trrents from the http://utorrent.com/setup_guide.php

But how come my friend could reach about 400Kibps? He is using the same line as me. Did this have to do anything with the patch? My other friend in the other hand can reach about 100Kibps more or less...i uninstall my norton already and also reinstalled utorrent and didnt configure anything and i tried to download you said to me and the result is seed 0(528), peer 0(41). But my flashget runs perfectly...do you have any suggestion? Is there a possibility that my downloads somehow been 'blocked' by something?

!!! I didn't get before that you were sharing the line. :( >< You two can't BOTH get the same speeds simultaneously. Make sure you can GET that kind of download, then ask your friend to split his upload in half... giving you half to work with as well in your Ctrl-P -> BitTorrent settings. It's likely he's hogging all the available upload which is what causes you to suffer.

Additionally, you could setup Scheduler on both of your clients so you're not trying to download at the same time. OH! Make sure you've got a forwarded port to your DIFFERENT LAN IP Address in your router.

sorry about that.like i said before, im noob (dont know very much) at this kind of stuffs. so,it means that if i use the same line, it would be become slower? my friend here also got nothing in his torrent download.so, i have just to stay with the setup guide and cooperate with my friend to download ?

When you and your friend are on the same internet line, you will need to either 1) re-setup your uploads to HALF of their current speed guide settings to use it simultaneously OR 2) use the scheduler in the preferences to set specific times you both can use the FULL capacity of your line.

Does that answer your question?

Also if you're new with uT, check out the µManual as a primer to help you with the interface.

Archived