Make speed faster?

markes12344

I have an wireless internet connection with an average of 115mbs. but on uTorrent the most i ever see any of my downloads go to are 10kbs thats A LOT lower than what my internet connection is at. i have put the upload and download limit to unlimited and having them all with the highest bandwidth allocation. also my uploading always seem to be twice as fast as my downloading. is there something i can download or do to make the connection of uTorrent faster?

i did the test from several different servers. and it said i had (any were from) 415kbs-490kbs download speed and 60-100kbs upload speed. so i changed utorrent to the xx/348 and i noticed no change, the question i got tho now is, why is my uploading still twice as fast as my downloading when with the test the download speed is about 4x faster than upload?

Speedtests are in Kbps, and use HTTP. BitTorrent is not treated the same by many ISPs. Test with http://distribution.openoffice.org/p2p/ and you should get ~ 50 KiBps download and up to 10 KiBps upload. I am thinking you lease a .5Mbit down / 128 Kbps up line from your ISP.

Please go through Ultima's How-To for Troubleshooting post #2 and turn off extra features. You having xx/128 connection in the Speed Guide means ALL extra bandwidth is killing your download speed. Please report back results and steps you have taken to change your setup.

My download rate went up 5kbs and the upload rate stayed the same. (witch I'm not worried about i just like to keep it on to help out other people) It is set to xx/256. i also patched my TCPIP.sys, the only thing i'm worried about it is when i did and it changed my ports to 50 and then asked me to temp change some file names a warning popup came up saying i should put the windows xp service pack 2 in to restore some files. i didn't want to mess up the patching so i exited out of the warning also thinking that the files will be restored because the patch said they will only be temp changed.

Archived