Is there a legend for uTorrent?

theonlyone

@fox: If you're talking about BitTorrent terminology (e.g. seed, peer, snubbed, etc), then you can search online for such information -- it was taken from the terminology used in the BitTorrent protocol spec stuff, not µTorrent itself.

http://www.utorrent.com/faq.php#What_do_all_these_BitTorrent_terms_mean.2C_such_as_seeder.2C_snubbed.2C_etc.3F

• 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Its not a red circle, its an octogon (like a stop sign) and its a white exclamation point inside the octogon.

i got it too.

there is NOTHING in the FAQ that helps with this issue.

I run 1.0.0.0.1 for Mac. I too had this issue.

I know the mods and Admins strongly believe that the FAQ answers all these issues, but it doesn't.

i read through it several times to make sure i wasn't missing anything, no mention of this icon, none of the icons that are listed match what runs on my Utorrent, and there is no legend that comes with the program itself. this is frustrating and the lack of support for it is whats got me waiting for a torrent program that works as well as utorrent but is easier to understand.

IN my findings, my error occurs when one of my kids was banging on my keyboard and somehow renamed the hard drive where all my torrent files are slotted to go.

I fixed the name of the drive, then went into the utorrent preferences to reassign where the downloads would go, this fixed my problem.

I am still trying to figure out how to make my downloaded torrents available again for upload.

Archived