Abnormal Speed Problem

rockyyy

i am using the 1.8 beta build 6171version of utorrent. i face an odd problem. while downloading a movie i get average speed of around 45KBps (my connections speed is 512kbps). But when i start to download larger files whose size is greater than 3gb then it takes days to download the file. I get an average speed of 5-6KBps though the seeds and peers connected are many. I have a port that is correctly forwarded. But then why do i face such a problem. This problem is damn irritating as all the good things to download are huge in sizes. I request u all to solve my problem as soon as possible. PLZ HLP.

6171... ;) It's been updated quite a bit since then. I don't know why download speed would vary based upon the filesize.

Yup, 2nd released public build of 1.8... that's almost 4 months old. When you download the new build, I would recommend backing up your current settings using something similar to FAQ or my backup technique procedures... Many things have changed, and a recent backup never hurts.

You can find the 1.8 in-development thread in the Announcements forum same as before.

It's not an old version. It's an old alpha. Update to the newest alpha. Then if the problem doesn't go away provide more information relevant information to the problem. Test with the test torrents from the setup guide. Ensure your downloading has not been compromised by AUP or FUP violations.... and be sure you're uploading fairly so peers upload to you fairly.

Archived