Auto detection of downloaded torrents

mburgess

When downloading a torrent and putting it in my torrent folder, my utorrent used to start up and bring up the window of the downloaded torrent file content list to choose which files to start the download. I just need to know the settings for this to happen please? I never changed any settings it just stopped working. Any help will be much apprieciated, because to search through the torrent file to find the one youve just downloaded takes some time

Thank You

I already get the window with torrent info but that is after i manually go and add a torrent in utorrent, what used to happen is after saving a torrent to my torrent file, without even utorrent running it used to start up utorrent and automatically bring up the new torrent file window to choose which files to download, without having to manually add and search for the torrent ive just saved. just hope im explaining myself properly.

You have to associate .torrent files to open uTorrent. It sounds like you have it default to save to a specific directory. The "always show dialog box on manual add" only works if you open the .torrent and not using auto-load feature.

If you're using Firefox, go to Tools, Options, Content (File Types, Manage) and erase .torrent file type. Next time you download a .torrent file, you'll get the prompt to either open or save to disk.

If that sounds like a hassle, you can just sort your torrent directory by "Last Modified" and the most recent .torrent will be at the top.

Archived