Effectiveness of proxy and security

whahum

For awhile i haven't really worried about security mostly cause i thought anti p2p were sticking with the other peer sharing limewire ect. getting a complaint from my isp has changed my mind. Not gonna bother with media but i would like security for my other downloads.

Block list are a good idea not really effective from a logical perspective not going into it.

But proxy seems pretty effective way to solve the problem. im wondering if anyone has had a problem using proxy's to stay off the radar.

Seems good in practice if your routing threw a server in Russia doing a look up on ip sending a complaint there won't do squat. It's not fool proof there are problems like speed issues. Not entirely safe as you are going threw a unknown server bad idea to use passwords and such. But it seems short of unless the proxy keeps logs and they go threw the hassle of contacting the server in another country it seems pretty safe.

Any flaws? i have a feeling im missing somthing.

Thank you for the response but i looking for a more technical answer ;)

My knowledge of proxy's and how they work with utorrent is limited just seeing the security buffer they provide on paper seems like there is somthing im missing as the loss of speed seems would be worth the security.

When you download content which is ... copyrighted there is always a risk. Many people use VPN solutions to "proxy" their traffic. The difference between that and some podunk proxy is that you are PAYING them for it. So it would be a bad idea to respond to an order which could get your customer's account terminated. No matter how you connect there is always the IP listed for the downloads. I Don't know what you're asking about "effective"? Effective against what. Security... well if you're worried about the proxy's security perhaps you should be using a secure proxy or a non-free one?

Archived