8mb speeds

T887

Check with OpenOffice torrents or Slackware torrents.... Many cable ISPs don't let you use bittorrent to the full capability of your line. You can tune your uT settings to try and optimize it but there's generally no workaround for the shaping profiles. You can test those torrents with uT 1.8 (found in the Announcements forum -- or through beta downloads in your uT client) self-contained if this is an acute problem to see if new workarounds work on your ISP. Not all show speed improvement.

K, used the guide 4 utorrent on a post on this forum, sorry bout this i get ya now, the download speed i get when downloading Slackware is :

Average around 38, at max is 68 kB/s.

Upload is:

Average around 20, max 25 kB/s.

Anyway to boost this, perhaps something with my settings???

At your current settings, you're doing quite well if Slackware only peaked @ 68. Thats only 10% higher than your current experienced throughput of 60. If you'd like to try and change your throughput... check out the How-To page below, post #2. Also you may find Ctrl-P -> BitTorrent -> FORCED encryption and dis-allow legacy connections helps. And there's still the option of 1.8

Archived