I bet you can't explain this.

augreek

Ok I have set up everything correctly. Setup guide, port forwarding, both hardware and software firewall. All checks out. However, this is what I'm seeing.

pic1fs2.jpg

Closer:

pic2rt7.jpg

Now what it odd, is the spikes are simultaneous for upload and download speed, which means that it is not seeder caused.

ANY thoughts you have on this would be very helpful.

Thanks.

Hmmm. Stop those three torrents and run only OpenOffice torrents or Slackware torrents. If you still experience this keep reducing connected peers until it doesn't. Allowing 5 minutes between changes is adequate though uT immediately refreshes peers after changes.

You may also want to try How-To (link below) post #2's suggestions for limiting your presence to the ISP

OK. Well I tried an openoffice torrent and its the same case. I also tried limiting the number of connected peers. Still nothing. I am a Charter customer and according to the post, they don't limit bitorrent. So I am out of ideas. This is just driving me crazy.

Does anyone know what might be causing this?

I'm not sure how Charter rates among other ISPs ... but it sounds like they're doing their part to manage traffic...every 20 seconds. I would ask you follow the How-To...post #2. And then go back and test openoffice. Pictures of OpenOffice would help, as there's usually fewer peers on them. Please try 10 peers global/per torrent.

Archived