Double port forwarding

n1nA8RFL

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DHCP itself doesn't require any configuration... When you're setting the device to have a static IP, all you need to do is set the static IP to something outside of the DHCP range. If the DHCP range is 192.168.1.100 - 192.168.1.149 (50 IPs), then something like 192.168.1.50 or 192.168.1.150 is considered to be outside of the range.

As for modem configuration... I'm not sure what to say here. Configuring it isn't that different from configuring any other router.

Should I enable IP pass through from my modem to router 1? I can't give my modem a static IP. If your asking me if my routers' static IP addresses are outside their own DHCP ranges then yes they are. Except for the modem's which i cannot assign.

Westell > Dynex > Netgear > Computer

Set a static IP for Computer outside of Netgear's DHCP range

Set a static IP for Netgear outside of Dynex's DHCP range

Set a static IP for Dynex outside of Westell's DHCP range

Forward the port from Westell to Dynex's static IP

Forward the port from Dynex to Netgear's static IP

Forward the port from Netgear to Computer's static IP

http://kbserver.netgear.com/pdf/wpn824_ref_manual.pdf

Look at page 89. If the DHCP range for your router is as large as shown in the manual, then set the DHCP range to be smaller (something like .100 - .149 instead of .2 - .254), then set the static IP for your computer outside of the new range (.50 or something, assuming you set the range to .100 - .149).

What makes you think he has a triple NAT? He said his IP starts with 71 in the first router. He also said his credentials are in the first router. Also I never had trouble with a westell I used to have.

ECG, it seems other people have the same problem as well, the first page I checked the user said his Netgear wouldn't port forward correctly. Look for bridge mode on the Netgear and activate it, power cycle the Netgear and your computer, and port forward on the Dynex to your computer instead of the Netgear, that should work.

When I try to port forward from the Netgear to the computer it says the port is in conflict with another service. If I try to change the computer's static IP I lose control of the Netgear and it says my old IP is managing the device. I can't seem to find bridge mode for the Netgear.

PeerGuardian2 causes a different type of interference... I remember another Netgear problem, I think intermittent ports as well, was solved by disabling the SPI firewall, since your Dynex is already on the job, try disabling the Netgears SPI firewall.

Also, are you sure there's no bridge mode? maybe under a field like "Connection Type:".

It does, I saw it in the reference manual for it :). As for PG2, if you use µT and you have no DHT nodes, Bluetacks lists prevent it from connecting to the network, unless another node knows your address already and makes a successful connection attempt.

Archived