Torrent folder not there!!

dormant volcano

Have got several torrents running at the same time. Most of them I can right click on and select 'open containing folder' and this completes ok. But on some others I get the error thrown up saying 'C:\Documents and Settings\*****\My Documents\My Music\*******\ does not exist or is not a directory. (**** are my substitutes b.t.w) True enough if I try to navigate to the selected folder it's not there!

What am I doing wrong? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

Stopping the torrent doesn't seem to affect it. Characters aren't more than 255, have 9 torrents running all of the same nomenclature with just numeration changes at the very end of the title - it's one of them in particular that's playing up which seems to point to the character lenght not being an issue as they are all basically the same

Well, if it's saving to my documents you likely don't have a permissions problem. Did you set the path through uT or manually when saving these torrents? If you go to Preferences Downloads "Put New Downloads In"... and click the browse button (... eliipses) does the folder open up there?

Are all affected torrents in your "My Music" folder? Are you running some media indexer like WMP or iTunes which may be copying/moving your torent data to its "library"?

ive been manually saving them to either my desktop, or the "my music" folder. im pretty sure its not an issue with files being moved, the issue is the folders are never created in the first place, they dont show up on the desktop and when i try to open the folder from utorrent is says it dosent exist :(

i just tried saving it directly to the C drive, still the same message telling me the path dosent exist, when i go to the C drive i can confirm the file was never created

keep in mind this is with all of the several torrents from several different trackers ive tried, and that utorrent was working smoothly when i installed it and downloaded 3 torrents yesterday without a hitch, i havent changed any settings to my knowledge since then either

• 2 years later...

Archived